FIRST.....let me say that I know that I am not a writer! However, I feel that I should share this with you. Last week, I walked over to the cosmetics store because I needed some hair color. I picked up a box of Revlon and a box of L'Oreal. A store clerk asked if I needed some help and I said that I was only looking. Then, I put the L'Oreal back on the shelf and took down another box of Revlon. So, I had a box of Revlon in each hand and was trying to decide which color to purchase. Soon, I was approached by two clerks. I suppose one was there for support. The pretty young woman asked me if I wanted to buy the Revlon and I said yes. She then said that I couldn't buy Revlon today. Of course, I was surprised and asked why. She gave me a very kind explanation in Russian that I could not understand. I looked around the store and noticed that I was their only customer. There were at least 4 or 5 employees in the store. The shelves were fully stocked and I saw at least 20 boxes of Revlon haircolor. I placed the boxes back on the shelf. Then, I asked her when could I purchase the Revlon haircolor and she replied that I could buy it tomorrow. Tomorrow. It didn't make any sense to me. Why would they not sell me the hair color when it was obvious that there was plenty on the shelf? I thanked them, smiled and walked out the door with no purchase.
I have shared this incident with a few people here in Odessa and no one has been able to offer a valid explanation of why I could not purchase the haircolor. We have had a good laugh over the not today but tomorrow approach to selling.
So, why am I writing about this little incident? The Lord brought to my mind a verse from Proverbs 3:27 "Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due. When it is in the power of your hand to do so." Most every day, I have at least a short conversation with some one. Maybe this person is checking out what is on the shelf of my life. Maybe they would like to know how and when they can have what I have. So the question for me is...have I shared Christ today or have I said "not today but tomorrow"? What about you?
Much joy,
Janet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks, Janet! Have a safe and fun trip to Kiev - maybe you can buy your product there!!!! Love you, Shelby
Post a Comment