Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ukrainian Fort Castle






This Ukrainian Fort Castle is located 2 hours north of Odessa. The standing walls date back to 1300 A.D. and the archaeological excavation dates back to 600 B.C. On Sunday, Calvin preached from the Old Testament book of Micah. Micah was a prophet who lived and ministered around the same time as the inhabitants of the excavation site. This made for a great sermon illustration. Come see us and we will take you back in time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Promise??? Would love to see it, and you! Thanks for sharing all the blog updates! Love, Shelby

Anonymous said...

What an old and fascinating Fort Castle- and so close to Odessa. Thanks for sharing. I bet Calvin's sermon was great (they ALL were when I heard/absorbed them). Did you guys see any interesting bugs at the Fort Castle? Have a great Spring! Bob McP

Anonymous said...

What an old and fascinating Fort Castle- and so close to Odessa. Thanks for sharing. I bet Calvin's sermon was great (they ALL were when I heard/absorbed them). Did you guys see any interesting bugs at the Fort Castle? Have a great Spring! Bob McP

Unknown said...

I loved knowing about this site and this event! Thanks for sharing this part of your life with us. Diane Stines