Sunday, April 11, 2010

How Can I Invite Jesus Into My Heart?









On Wednesday, we returned to School # 13 to share the story of the Resurrection Eggs again. In our first class, we had eight little girls. We discussed how they celebrated the Easter holiday with coloring eggs, eating Easter bread and spending time with their families. Then, we shared how we celebrated the Easter holiday. Once again, we used the eggs to tell about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Then, I asked "Do you know where Jesus lives now?" One little girl replied that she knew that Jesus lived in Heaven. Then, I asked "Do you know there is another place that Jesus would like to live?" They asked "Where?" and I replied "Jesus would like to live in your heart." Then one little girl raised her hand and asked "How can I invite Jesus into my heart?" WOW!!!! This gave us the opportuntiy to share the simple ABC's of salvation. Teacher Elina(who is a believer)kept quiet and that meant that Teacher Masha(who is not a believer)did all the translating. Afterwards, Calvin, Elina and I discussed how you could feel the Holy Spirit at work. We do not know if any of the girls or their teacher received Jesus as their personal Savior but seeds were planted. After class, we gave each student a candy cane. Now, Teacher Elina wants us to come back and tell the story behind the candy cane!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How exciting to hear such sweet words from thatdear child. It must have been the greatest time! Thank you for sharing not only with those children but us also. Love you , Meme

Anonymous said...

I can just feel your heart when the student asked this question and opened that door wide open for sharing! Seed planting and building those relationships, all the time sharing the love of our Lord and Savior. We will continue to pray for watering of those seeds! Love you, Shelby

sherry said...

From the mouth of "babe's". What a wonderful way to share our Lord. Thank you for being willing to do this.Love,
Sherry Waldrop