Friday, April 11, 2008

The Answer is right under our nose!

We have been asking you to pray for some new playground equipment in the park across the street from our apartment building. The request was in part so that we could meet and visit with families and their children. I suppose I must admit that the request was also so that we could enjoy something new. In an area where everything looks worn out and even sometimes an accident waiting to happen, I thought we needed something better. God says join me where I am at work! The weather is warming up and women and children are hanging out at our little playground! (You can see this playground from our apt - check out pics posted before) Just yesterday, we met Natalie and her two year old, Dascha. Today, they were there again. Natalie speaks English. We had a great conversation. She loves American food. I asked her would she like to come and have lunch or dinner with us sometime. She said, "I'd love to". She is Ukranian Orthodox. Valya had told her we were missionaries. Natalie told me that she thought it was really good that we are here. She said there will be much for you to do. She also said that under Communism they had little freedom concerning religion. Now, she said, we have much freedom but are spiritually poor. Her little girl was sleepy and they went in for a nap. She said, I hope to see you soon.

The whole time we are having our visit, there were two other young women watching their children and hanging close to us. When Natalie and I finished talking, I went and introduced myself to the other mother. I told her that I speak a little Russian and she said "I speak a little English". She seemed very interested in getting to know each other. After we had exhausted what we could say to each other, I said "dasvadanya" and she said "goodbye". Her name is Lena.

Jesus said in John 4:35 "Do you not say, There are still four months and then comes the harvest? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!"

With Winter behind us and Spring upon us, I am looking down(the 10th) floor at the harvest that God wants to be gathered! Please pray for opportunities to share with Natalie, Lena and many others I have yet to meet. If God does answer the prayers for a new playground in the big park, that will be gravy!

Janet

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - and we thought language would be a barrier! Only our God could do these things - PTL!!! Continuing to pray for even more opportunities - and friends, Shelby

Anonymous said...

Oh - how I miss my Juanet!!! But I am so proud of how God is using you! It is just awesome to hear how He is working!! I am praying for you daily & of course Adam & Calvin too. Please give them my love & ask Calvin to give you a HUGE hug & kiss from me. I am really missing you today!

I Love you!
Chicky

Anonymous said...

We were told at church tonight about the problems you are having with your knee. Will place that on our prayer list that things improve, you are able to get outside in the Springtime, and that God leads you to others at your playground or the new playground when it is built. We really miss you but know the Lord has equipped you for this calling. Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hey neighbor!
What great opportunities at your playground! I'm praying for some warmer weather now so you can get back out there! Isn't it cool how our Father is even using Adam to help start these relationships?? I think that's wonderful. I'm looking forward to our picnic tomorrow in the botanical gardens! See you soon!
Blessings,
Elizabeth