April 28 was Evangelical and Orthodox Easter in Ukraine. So, we celebrated in March and April!Easter is of far greater significance than Christmas here. Believers and non-believers will greet you all weekend with "Xpucmoc Bockpece!"(Christ is Risen!) and then the response is "Boucmuhy Bockpece!" (He is truly risen!). In the Orthodox church, the priest then leads a procession around the church three times in a symbollic search for Christ's body.
This picture is of the Baptist church where we attend. This choir began the service with "Majesty." The entire service was absolutely beautiful. I cannot express to you how moving it is to hear people sing praises to the Savior in another language.
This last picture is the Easter Bread. We thought we would try it. It was a little sweet with some white raisins in it. Adam liked the very thin icing with sprinkles. He ate all the top of the cake!
1 comment:
I'm with Adam on the cake, I like the icing part too!! You both look great Ms Janet. Here's a big hug for the both of you.
Love to all of you,
Stephanie
Post a Comment